What is the BG2 Power Saver and how does it work?
The BG2 Power Saver is the very latest in voltage management technology and the newest product in our domestic/light commercial range. The BG2 Power Saver is easily fitted to the incoming supply of a property between the meter and the consumer unit but must be installed by a qualified electrician. Once fitted it regulates the load voltage within the property.
All appliances function normally when supplied from 216V to 253V and the UK average supply is 245V. Most appliances operate more efficiently at 220V.
Where should the BG2 Power Saver be fitted?
The BG2 Power Saver is an entry-level device ideal for houses, apartments, flats and even mobile homes. It is designed for properties where the consumption is low to moderate.
- Typically saves billpayers 8 to 10% on their electricity bills
- Helps protect and increase the life of appliances and light bulbs
- Is great for properties with solar PV already fitted, as having a BG2 installed allows more of your generated energy … to be exported, stored or utilised to heat water
- Comes complete with a neat app to monitor usage data remotely
- Will regulate a 2kW load continuously and approximately 3kW for short periods
- Has an intelligent bypass facility to allow for higher loads
- Must be protected by a fuse rated at 100A or lower
- Is available in indoor and outdoor versions
- Has Wi-Fi, Ethernet or cellular connectivity options
- Allows aggregated data to be produced for landlords or owners of multiple properties
- Has optional micro-cut facility for remotely isolating the supply
- Allows the integration of MID meter for monitoring and/or billing purposes
Think this could work for you or your property? Contact us