What is the BG5 Power Saver and how does it work?
The BG5 Power Saver is the most popular product in our domestic/light commercial range. The BG5 Power Saver is easily fitted to the incoming supply of a property between the meter and the consumer unit but must be installed by a qualified electrician. Once fitted it regulates the load voltage within the property, causing appliances and lighting to consume less power.
All appliances function normally when supplied from 216V to 253V and the UK average supply is 245V. Most appliances operate more efficiently at 220V.
Where should the BG5 Power Saver be fitted?
The BG5 Power Saver is an energy-saving device… ideal for larger houses and small offices. It is designed for properties where the consumption is moderate to high.
- Typically saves billpayers 8 to 10% on their electricity bills
- Helps protect and increase the life of appliances and light bulbs
- Is great for properties with solar PV already fitted, as having a BG5 installed allows more of your generated energy to be exported, stored or utilised to heat water
- Comes complete with a neat app to monitor usage data remotely
- Will regulate a 5kW load continuously and approximately 8kW for short periods
- Has an intelligent bypass facility to allow for higher loads
- Must be protected by a fuse rated at 100A or lower
- Is available for indoor deployment only
- Has a Wi-Fi connectivity option
- Allows aggregated data to be produced for landlords or owners of multiple properties
Think this could work for you or your property? Contact us